Friday, May 8, 2015

Final Pulp Covers

I am finally done with my Pulp Covers. I used Pixlr and Photoshop to add color to the sketches I posted last week. I have my two final product below. Usually Pulp Magazine covers are realistic paintings, but I wanted to put my own spin on it. I enjoy using editing software, so I didn't want to make realistic faces and bodies that would need minimal editing. Instead I tries to sketch vector images that I could scan in and edit.

My first piece depicts shush-kabobs with faces roasting a man over a fire. There is also a lady who is holding a fork (when scanning the in the image, the fork became blurry) that she intends to use as a weapon against the kabobs who are attacking her. I used different select tools to add color to the images and then I adjusted brightness and contrast. I tried to make the fire appear bright and the setting look like nighttime.


 This is the first step I took from the sketches I posted last week. All I did in this image is add color and numbers.


In the next step, I added a vignette and focused the light of the image on the middle. I added a slight blur in order to blend some of the lines and make the image look a little better. I also added the title in the bottom corner where it wouldn't detract from the image. I wanted the main focus to be the man in the middle and is shadow and then the title and details.


Lastly, I changed the some of the colors to create a darker and creepier effect. I did not add the effect to the title to keep it separate from the image.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my Pulp covers. If I had more time, I would probably fix some to the sketch lines on the image. Despite that, I think that my final products look better than I expected and am excited to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment